Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Hamptons Part 2- Pierre's

April 12th-

After wine tasting at Wolffer Estate Winery in Bridgehampton, we drove two minutes to Pierre's, (it was just down the street), for a late Easter brunch. It was just what we pictured.....elegant, but understated and casual, with delicious food. And.. it isn't too large or too small inside. You have enough room to have a private conversation without being plagued by the conversation of your neighbors......something not always easy to come by in crowded Manhattan. Of course, this was off season. It was cold enough to wear winter coats on the beach, after all. You couldn't tell that inside, because the restaurant was full. The mostly white interior felt very peaceful and relaxing.....the antithesis of Manhattan, which is what we came for. And.......the first thing I saw when I sat down at the table was a tiny bowl of fleur de sel!!!!!! Being the salt lover that I am, I took that as a great sign! The menu was full of wonderful choices. I had a difficult time deciding what to order. In the end, we went with the classics......the Oeuf Poche Florentine (Eggs Florentine) and the Croque Monsieur Parisien. Both were perfectly created. The service was good, no complaints. I definitely recommend it. I must say, some of the patrons are a bit odd, though. A few minutes after we arrived, I noticed this older couple at the opposite end of the restaurant, where I was facing. I would have never noticed them, had they not been wearing dark sunglasses. I felt that weird feeling you experience when someone is staring at you, but I didn't know if they were, since they had their spy glasses on and were seated facing me anyway. I mentioned this to Nathan, telling him not to turn around......of course, the second you tell someone that, they do just that- turn around. He did, and the couple hurriedly removed their sunnies and tried to look away. We had to laugh.


No comments: