Saturday, August 16, 2008

Shake Shack

August 3rd-

On our way home after a day full of fun activities and new experiences....brunch with friends, a concert at the McCarren Park Pool......we found ourselves hungry. So.....Nathan took me to the much talked about Shake Shack. We waited in an agonizingly eternal line, but when we finally sat down and took a bite of our food, it was worth it......I'm not saying I would ever do this again....waiting in very long lines is not on my lists of favorite things.....but to experience the famous Shake Shack burger for the first time....it was worth it to do it once. The burger was superb! It was perfectly cooked- juicy, not dry, and full of flavor. It was just the right size....not like those obnoxiously mamoth burgers everyone else tries to pawn off on you. Everything about it was perfect. It tasted almost exactly like the burgers at Soho Park, which I love. We ordered the cheese fries to go along with it, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the cheese sauce wasn't bright orange and was actually tasty....and the fries weren't greasy. To wash it all down, I had a root beer float.....a perfect summer delight! So.....add me to the list of Shake Shack fans. I hear they are putting one on the Upper West Side....and I plan to be a regular......that is, if the lines aren't crazy long.

No comments: