Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Meat and Potato Soup

Yes, I am trying to simultaneously avoid going to the grocery store and clean out the fridge. And Dad, I'm sorry, but this is way better than pulling out all of the leftovers in the fridge and showing us the microwave. The whole idea came from reading Mike's Facebook post about the delicious soup he was eating. I wanted some, and was going to pretend this was it.

So, here's who was sitting on the bench. (Did some of you just fall over now because I used a sports reference? I did play basketball in school. What still on the floor? I wasn't very good....ok....now you feel the earth readjusted, right?) Ok, enough of the chit chat. Back to the ingredients:

Merguez (sausage)
Onion
Garlic
Chicken stock
Potato gnocchi
Bok choy
White wine
Salt
Black pepper
Thyme
Oregano
Olive oil

If you ever read the recipes on my blog by now, you know the drill. Saute the onions in olive oil first. Next, add the merguez. I probably should have cooked these in separate pans, but if I wasn't in the mood to go to the store, I certainly wasn't in the mood to wash a bunch of dishes later. When the merguez is almost cooked, add the garlic. A minute after you throw in the garlic, put in the chicken stock, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, gnocchi and white wine. When the gnocchi is cooked, add the chopped up bok choy (in appealing looking pieces, not massacred), cover for a few minutes, just enough for it to wilt a little and serve.

It looked really pretty in a big white bowl, and tasted delicious!

No comments: