Sunday, August 1, 2010

Di Fiore Marquet Cafe

Ok.....I have to confess something. I am obsessed with Eggs Benedict. I've perfected it at home, and every time we do brunch, I feel compelled to order it. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I could eat it for breakfast lunch AND dinner! I keep a mental log of how each restaurant fares in its execution of this dish. Yesterday, in the village, I found the best one I've ever had! Every part of it was made perfectly......PERFECTLY! The English muffin was just the right combination of soft, yet crunchy. The hollandaise was buttery and lemony, with a touch of mustard, and I was able to taste all of the flavors. Nothing overpowered anything else. The egg yolk was a beautiful rich shade of orange and was runny, but not too undercooked. Even the salad on the side was fresh and properly dressed. It was a dish in its own right, unlike the gob of greens I usually get thrown on the plate. And......wait for it......the bacon was crunchy! Yeah! I found someplace that can actually cook bacon! To top it off, the service was outstanding, and the restaurant was darn cute! Original artwork that was for sale covered the warm yellow walls and gave it a cozy, yet hip feeling. The rest of the menu looked fantastic, too. I just had to order the Eggs Benedict. GREAT place!


No comments: