Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cafe du Soleil

May 17th-

We finally drug ourselves out of bed around noon on Saturday, and were absolutely famished! There was a cute little cafe I had remembered walking by the week before, and now I was on a mission to find it. We discovered it was on Broadway and 104th.....an area that we seldomly frequented...except for when I have to truck to the post office on 104th to pick up a package, which is how we happened to walk by this adorable bistro in the first place. So far, Saturday was a perfect day.....sunny, warm.....whenever you think of perfect weather, this is the weather you think of. We walked up to this cute little cafe with its sunny yellow picket fence in front that enclosed the tables outside, and asked to sit out front. A polite waiter with a fantastic French accent took our order, and I waited eagerly for my food as I sipped my delicious Mimosa, which was made with freshly squeezed orange juice, and reminisced about Paris. We were swept away with the "Frenchness" of it all, and talked of planning a weekend trip there. The food arrived, and it was just beautiful. A full plate of colorful, lightly dressed greens, handsome Crepes de Poulete, (chicken and mushroom crepes) and Benedicte Norvegienne, (poached eggs, smoked salmon, Hollandaise sauce and potato pancakes). I was sitting outside in a fabulous cafe, across from my husband, the sun on my shoulders, sipping a mimosa, and getting ready to indulge in my favorite brunch dish. Words from a song went through my head..."heaven, I'm in heaven". Nathan enjoyed his crepes and my Bendicte Norvegienne did not disappoint. This is my new favorite brunch spot!

No comments: