Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dallas BBQ

May 4th-

I was recently greeted with a shocked expression when I admitted to a coworker that I had not been to Dallas BBQ, which is right down the street from where I work on the Upper West Side. Naturally, curiosity got the best of me, and I felt compelled to check it out. On Sunday, Nathan and I did just that. I walked down into this immense amount of space, and though it looked like they wanted you to think they tried to make an attempt at creating a "western" feel, it felt very much like a cafeteria with ugly carpeting. Adding to the cafeteria-like atmosphere was the obnoxious child at the table next to me who proceeded to scream "I want to go home" at the top of her lungs for the duration of my meal. I had to agree with her. I wanted her to go home, too. Despite all of this, I was still curious. I was told the margaritas were great, but upon looking at their description in the menu, I was suspicious. I ordered one anyways. After receiving it, I realized my suspicions were dead on. It was your typical cheesy looking, came from a mix and is oh too sickening sweet margarita. I remained in my seat. I still had to taste the food. The food was good. the ribs were very moist and the sauce that was covering them was tasty. Next time......takeout.

No comments: