Friday, May 30, 2008

Gyu Kaku/Karaoke One 7

May 24th-

Gyu Kaku

We met Kevin and Debbie at Gyu Kaku in the east village for Japanese BBQ dining. The hostess leads us to the back of the room to a booth with a gas grill in the middle of it. The waitress explains to us that we pick various items off of the menu and then cook them ourselves on the grill. So, we choose shrimp, scallops, Chilean sea bass, beef, mushrooms and sweet potatoes along with rice and the Gyu Kaku salad. The food comes out staggeringly which gives us time to cook and enjoy each dish. I find it both easy and fun to cook our own food. Kevin and I end up being the chefs, since we have the easiest access to the grill. Everything was of good quality and delicious, but ended up being a very light dinner for me, since I didn't want to eat any of the beef.....(because I cannot get this horrible cow story out of my head)...... and am not the biggest fan of rice.....great if you are following the Atkins or South Beach diet! Light is not the best idea, however, when the sake is a flowing.

Karaoke One 7-

To Karaoke One 7 we did go. Under the circumstances, I was much more up for karaoke than I would normally be. We were lead to a small private room with a big tv, two microphones and a couple of books full of song choices. I really like the private room aspect of this. I don't think I would be up for randomly singing at the top of my lungs solo in front of a group of strangers. I think that would just be an annoying experience for them to have to listen to me, and vice versa. However, a private room amongst friends is entirely different. We were all eager to belt out some tunes.....and that is exactly what we did. A great time was had by all.

No comments: