Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Ocean Grill

May 12th-

Sherri and I made plans to go out for a quick drink after work, and settled on the location of the bar at Ocean Grill on the Upper West Side. I walked in and was immediately glad that I was not dressed in my usual way casual work attire that day. I had no idea what to expect. This place was beautiful and elegant. Upon arriving at the bar, I ordered a dirty martini...up with Grey Goose and olives. It was perfect. Although I wasn't there to eat, I couldn't resist a quick glance at the menu where I discovered my favorite thing.....oysters! I felt compelled to try them. I had the Blue Point and the Kumomoto (Washington).....superb. As we left, they handed us a bag that held two breakfast muffins. How nice is that? I admit, I ate one on the way home and it was delicious.....and I am not usually a big fan of muffins. I can't wait to bring Nathan here for dinner sometime!

No comments: