Thursday, May 15, 2008

The City Grill

May 14th-

Leah, Loren and I went out for dinner last night and chose The City Grill, mainly for its location, (close to work). The decor was warm and inviting with lots of Mahogany, and the bar area even has a history. It was brought over from Germany. I can't remember in what year this occurred, but trust me, by American standards, it is old. The statuesque flower arrangements added a nice touch as well. There is just something about any place that takes the time to pay attention to flowers that I really like. When I see that, I feel like they are going to take care of me, as well. However, on the flip side, I did hear screams coming from some brat in the bar area......a personal favorite of mine.....children in a bar. I guess, this is not surprising for the Upper West Side. On to the food.....I was way too hungry, so of course, I ordered something way too heavy....the Lobster Ravioli with crawfish ragout and basil cream sauce. The pasta itself was so so and the sauce was way too rich. I couldn't taste the lobster at all. It was definitely not the best pasta I have ever had.....more along the lines of an Olive Garden pasta. However, it was edible.....not memorable, but enough to stop my hunger pains. I was wishing I had followed Leah's mom's advise and ordered the Nicoise Salad, or even the Seafood Cobb Salad that I had contemplated. I was especially wishing this as I was walking the twenty three blocks home, because my dinner was not agreeing with me. Would I go back? Maybe.....but I would sit at the cool old German bar and order a salad.

No comments: